Java technology allows you to work and play in a secure computing environment. Java allows you to play online games, chat with people around the world, calculate your mortgage interest, and view images in 3D etc.
Steps to setup Java and add Java path
1. To make java work in our computer we need to download java and set the java path. First Download JDK (Java SE Development Kit) from oracle website. Download the newest version of JDK.
2. After clicking the download button accept the license agreement. Then select the JDK download for Windows x86 / Windows x64 according to your windows version.
3. Then run the downloaded JDK file as administrator. Then click next and choose destination folder for installation . Finish the installation.
Setting Java path in windows
1. Right click Computer/This PC icon in desktop. Then click ‘Advanced system settings’ on left side.
2. In advanced tab click ‘Environment Variables’.
3. In System Variables section click ‘New’.
4. Now a ‘Edit System Variable’ pop up window will appear. Type JAVA_HOME in ‘Variable Name’ field. Type the path to jdk folder with correcct version name. eg: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_131.
5. Select ‘Path’ in ‘System Variable’ section. In ‘Variable Value’ field add %JAVA_HOME%; to end.
6. To check whether Java installation is successfull and Java path is set type ‘java’ without quotes in windows command prompt.